Does Health Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Two common questions we have to answer almost daily are, “Does my insurance cover hearing aids?” and “Is there a hearing clinic near me that takes my insurance?”
Hearing aids are a significant investment with the capacity to help transform your hearing as well as restore the active and independent lifestyle you’re used to. Paying for hearing aids is often a significant challenge faced by individuals who might benefit from them.
What’s worse is understanding the variety of packages with or without added riders offered by insurance companies, as well as the specific rules and limitations related to their coverage, along with deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses before your coverage for hearing aids kicks in.
Many who would benefit from the use of hearing aids put off getting the help they need because navigating through the fine print can be time consuming, frustrating and discouraging. Our team at Alaska Hearing and Tinnitus Center wants to do all we can to make sure those who need hearing aids are able to get them, so we have an insurance specialist on our staff to answer questions about hearing aid insurance.
Dr. Emily was super helpful last year when my son was having trouble with his ears. She is friendly, obviously very educated (and excited!) about ears, and expresses much warmth and care toward her patients. She would be my first call if an ear issue ever came up again in my family!
Ask Our Insurance Specialist to Check Your Coverage.
10 Questions About Hearing Aid Coverage You Need to Ask
- Is there a benefit in my plan to cover hearing aids?
- If my plan provides a benefit, what is it, and how much will I receive?
- Is there a deductible and/or out-of-pocket amount I have to meet before benefits kick in, how much?
- How often is the cost of new hearing aids covered, or how often does it renew?
- Can I see the audiologist of my choice, or am I restricted to network practices/providers?
- Does my preferred audiologist or clinic accept my insurance?
- Does my benefit cover a diagnostic hearing evaluation?
- Do I have to have a referral from a primary care physician in order to be covered?
- Can I choose the hearing aids I like best, or am I restricted to a generic brand/type?
- Does my insurance cover hearing aid loss or damage?
Hearing Aid Insurance Accepted at Alaska Hearing & Tinnitus Center
Thanks to our insurance specialist, you don’t have to do the time-consuming and frustrating work of determining whether your insurance covers hearing aids.
Our insurance specialist has experience working with insurance carriers in Alaska in order to meet the needs of our patients. They know which questions to ask and how to navigate through the fine print in order to make sure that you get all the benefits you’re entitled to from your policy.
The following are insurance companies we work with:
- Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield (includes Blue Advantage)
- Moda Assurance
- Medicare, Medicaid, and TriCare/VA (provide patient reimbursement of benefits)
Ask Our Insurance Specialist to Check Your Coverage
If you’re struggling with hearing loss, wonder how to afford hearing aids and have questions about hearing aid insurance, our insurance professionals would love to hear from you. We want to help alleviate your confusion and frustration and find the help you need to pay for hearing aids.
To ask Alaska Hearing and Tinnitus Center to check your coverage, simply complete and submit the adjacent form and our insurance specialist will get back to you with what we find out and guide you through the process of getting the hearing care help you need.
Complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss how we will be able to assist you